Saturday, December 18, 2010

There Are Imports and Then There Are Imports

Buying UK imports is one thing. They will generally run you twenty dollars or so.


But when I dabbled in Japanese pop and rock in the early 2000s. That was a whole other ball game.

They ran me about thirty to forty dollars.

The prices have not decreased over the years. It's the one thing keeping me from finishing my Kahimi Karie discography.

These are the things I fret about.

PUFFY - Love So Pure. Amazon.com. Used.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living in Seattle, I get a lot of stores that cater to the people of the pacific rim, there are a few stores that sell "J Pop" style cd's and singles, specifically one called Uwajimaya which has helped me trim down my Japan imports, they can be a bit pricey, but i have found some bargains there too, email me a list of what you're looking for...

Handsome Pete said...

My J-Pop tastes are pretty basic - Kahimi Karie, Takako Minekawa, Cornelius, PUFFY. I'll have to see what I have. Mostly domestic releases. Some Japanese. I'm also obsessed with Momus. But that doesn't really count.

I always wanted to get into the more commercial end of J-Pop/J-Rock. It was cost prohibitive.

Glay was terrible. And I was fascinated.

I have a plan for 2011 to dive back into J-Pop, learn about K-Pop, South American Pop and Russian Pop.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check out Judy And Mary if you like J pop, pretty high energy stuff, squeaky girl vocals, they may be my favorite of the genre, there's pretty decent collection of theirs you can buy fairly cheap these days...