Friday, August 7, 2009

Mutt

I'm a hodgepodge of nationalities. Nothing exotic. Sum total: white.

Irish, German and Welsh for the most part. Although my dad likes to throw Cornish and French Huguenot in there as well. I can't be bothered with the tiny percentages.

I don't have fierce pride for any one part of my ethnic stew, but I suppose I identify most as an Irish Catholic. I was saddled with a middle name of McHugh after all.

With age I've gained a greater interest in the Welsh part of my heritage. And of Wales in particular.

I find a joy in discovering the Welsh-ness of bands I listen to. Some I have sought out because they are Welsh.

I will always give a Welsh band a chance.

Even Feeder. Which I quickly found out was a mistake.

Tom Jones & Stereophonics - Mama Told Me Not to Come (Single 2). eBay. Used.

No comments: