Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Should Have Had More Respect for the Wellness Floor

I need the time line of when people lived where.

Adeet. Sean. Brian. Lived in Shaw. When?

Eventually they had a suite. When?

I was in a sublet. Half a year. Second semester.

Following fall. In a house. Across from Mike.

Were they still in Shaw?

Chris was in Shaw. Wellness floor. He wasn't pleased when I had a forty. Or two. In his room. I don't think he'd mind now.

When did the rest move to the Suite? Tim too.

I can't put it together. I remember meeting Adeet's mom. Fall or spring? I think fall. I had drinks.

Adeet had Morrissey posters. The Smiths. He fully embraced both. I want to say over a summer. I could be wrong. I am having trouble.

In that room. I think Shaw. Tom? Roommate? Adeet played Godspeed. Kill Holiday. Falling Forward. I remember pushing The Verve. Another time. Another place. Maybe.

Sean and Brian. Their room. I brought over The Get Up Kids first seven inch. On their record player. Middle of the room? Candyland Car Crash as well. Am I the only person that knows this band?

I sold Sean my Frail records. A Frail shirt. Tight shirt.

Sean and Brian talked about their band. An Earth Crisis compilation. Anti-Earth Crisis.

This was Shaw? Not the suite. Almost certain.

Kill Holiday - Monitor Dependency. AKA bargain bin.

11 comments:

colinmcsherry said...

nice i like this, suprised i've never heard it b4
thanks

Anonymous said...

I can tell you this:

- Adeet and Tom lived in a Shaw double the 96/97 school year.
- Sean and I moved next door at some point during the year, either just before Xmas break or just after
- Tim, Matt, Sean, and I lived in a suite in Sadler for the 97/98 school year. I think Matt did have a record player in the main room.
- Candyland Car Crash are great.

Handsome Pete said...

Colin: I have mp3s of the seven inch and the split if you are interested.

Brian: That makes some sense. Adeet didn't live in the suite. He lived in Shaw during that time? I believe that is what threw me off.

I'd like to get digital versions of the Candyland Car Crash material.

colinmcsherry said...

definatley interested

Anonymous said...

...ask an you shall receive.

Handsome Pete said...

I got the file. I look forward to checking it out when I get home.

Anonymous said...

hey Brian (or Pete) - could you send me the Candyland Carcrash file as well? John P

Handsome Pete said...

Check your email.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pete - I used to have these songs on a mix tape/cd years ago. Perhaps they are a little overwrought after a decade plus? John P

Handsome Pete said...

Mix cd? Did they exist in 1997?

It had to be a tape.

Unknown said...

I think 1997/8 was the cross-over year in transition from mix tapes to CDs so could have been either.

This was right around the time my tape player was replaced in favor of a cd player.