Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spend Some Time in the Syracuse Bus Station

Freshman year saw a number of bus trips to Buffalo.

One went to Virginia. The other. Cleveland. Most ended in Buffalo.

Mark would pick me up at the bus station.

Everything coordinated through the sxe-l. The straight edge mailing list.

(eventually IRC.)

Trying to remember how the mailing list worked.

First on CompuServe. Then AOL. Then Telnet. My Pine account. At Syracuse. Most distinctive. Kong. Mothra. Gamara.

Coming home to hundreds of emails. No idea how I kept track of threads. Not like a message board.

I remember names from Buffalo. Mark. Valiant. Gerald.

I remember Gerald's house. Being there. Briefly.

I remember Gerald in Hourglass. Not Halfmast.

I've been wrong before.

Hourglass. Digital files picked up on Livewire.

[Image via www.lib.utexas.edu]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE - mothra.

Handsome Pete said...

How far the Internet has come.