Friday, May 9, 2008

Brian's Favorite Record, By The Stones That Is

Greatest hits collections would give you Ruby Tuesday. Let's Spend the Night Together. Mother's Little Helper.

So I didn't understand the greatness that was Flowers.

Until Liberating it from the vinyl collection. Collecting dust. Sneaking it upstairs. To listen to in its entirety.

Side A. Side B. Over and over. Middle school. High school.

Brian loved Flowers. Loves. Ruby Tuesday in particular. Those memories separate from my solo listening parties.

Memories nonetheless.

As much as I love the band. And always have. I own very little. Start Me Up is one of my earliest memories of rock music.

The Rolling Stones - Flowers. A Christmas gift. Years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sticky Fingers is an awesome album...not to be confused with sticky britches - something equally as unpleasant...

Handsome Pete said...

Dirty Work is an awesome album. So are dirty britches.