Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Firehall at or Around Five Points

Shift. Prema. Chamberlain. Shortly after Split Lip.

Brian. Mike G. Joined me.

I appreciated that. Not their scene.

I returned the favor. Years later. Phish.

Denise was there. Nicole. Edgely Firehall?

Driving by yesterday. Stirred memories.

Prema played in the middle of the floor. I think. Drivel era. The better era.

Chamberlain looked like cowboys. Trending towards cowboys.

Shift. An exercise in diversity. Always enjoyed Shift. Still do.

Bristol an odd choice. Or Newtown. Or Yardley.

No complaints.

I enjoyed those rare occasions when shows came to suburbia. Saving my sixteen. Seventeen. Eighteen year old self. From parallel parking. Or paying.

Prema - Pebble. Used on Amazon.com.

1 comment:

Matt Wrote This said...

I know there's still a VFW or something on New Falls Road shows sometime went on at. I think my friend Jim who played bass in the bands Ubisunt and Pain Within, and is now in the band The Blessed, was probably AT this particular show you speak of, though.

Jim also claimed to have arrested "Mikey Prema" a few years ago, for alleged solicitation down around K&A. Whether or not that's true, I have yet to verify.