Friday, May 2, 2008

This Is Not About Asteroid #4

Colin's house. Deep Dale. East.

It was a party. His parents were there. As well as friends from school. Anthony as well. I hadn't seen him in some time.

I was sitting by the stereo. With Eric. And Sean. Colin's brother.

I wanted to listen to Aja. Rock jazz. Jazz rock.

Eric. Sean. Me. Discussing My Bloody Valentine. The Verve. Northern Soul.

Alcohol fueled. The conversation moved to Spiritualized. Excitement over Spacemen 3. Mentions of Spectrum.

(I never enjoyed Sonic Boom's post-Spacemen output.)

Maybe I would prefer Spectrum now.

The conversation turned. Brian Jonestown Massacre. To the Stones. Logically. Their Satanic Majesties Request. Never heard of it. I thought I knew most Stones records. I did not.

I didn't think anything would top Flowers. I expressed that opinion.

Within a few days I went out to buy the album. Something did top Flowers.

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
. I picked this up around 1999. Not sure where.

1 comment:

colinmcsherry said...

good party I think my mom walked thru the screen door that night too. Eric and those guys were always good to talk to about music