Friday, May 16, 2008

Lollapalooza 1994

Overall. 1993 was better. More interesting. Tool. The Goats. Alice In Chains. Fishbone. Primus. Front 242.

Rage Against the Machine. In the nude.

Most aren't on my radar anymore. Except for Front 242. At the time. All very important in my alternative world.

The Breeders were there in 1994. I spent most of the day at the second stage. The Breeders from a distance.

I did hear them. Walking.

I was going to see The Verve. Verve at this point in time?

Seeing The Verve in 1994. I felt lucky. I still do. They were one of the bands I wanted to see. A Storm In Heaven.

In retrospect. I wish I tracked down some merchandise.

That would be the last time I saw them.

Maybe not. Reunion. I skipped. Maybe next time. If there is a next time.

1994 also gave us Smashing Pumpkins. The Beastie Boys.

Rob loved the Beastie Boys. So much he almost broke his back.

The Breeders - Mountain Battles
. Purchased at AKA. Expectations low. Initial impressions high.

No comments: