Sunday, May 4, 2008

Louisville, Kentucky

I've been to Louisville. Once. To the airport actually. Welcomed by Colonel Sanders. A statue at least.

I went to visit Jen. She was an intern. In Lexington. I flew into Louisville. She picked me up. Drove me to Lexington. I picked up a cheap Black Sabbath tape at a gas station. During the drive.

She had an old Jetta. It was a pretty great car.

I remember her pointing out an ugly apartment building in Louisville. However. My mind pictures an apartment building in Barcelona. Gaudi.

Going into the trip. I didn't know much about Louisville. Lexington. Kentucky. I ended up liking it. I like it. I would like to go back. Part one in my not so secret love of The South.

My true love is The Deep South.

Prior to this trip. Everything I knew about Kentucky. Beyond Sanders. Was related to Louisville hardcore. Slamdek.

Actually introduced to me by my cousin's friend. During the 1994 World Cup. He had an Endpoint disc. He was not into hardcore. But had this Endpoint release. Discography maybe.

I like and liked a lot of the bands to come out of Louisville. Except for Enkindel. The Enkindels. I wonder how they hold up. Probably not well. I'll wait for Very to discount them further.

A few years ago. And by a few. Probably seven at this point. Tim and I were discussing the top ten bands of various scenes or labels. He pointed me to a discussion on The Black Table. And the rest is post-Syracuse history.

By the Grace of God - Three Steps to a Better Democracy
. From Very Distribution. On sale. Of course.

2 comments:

JWH said...

Come lose yourself in Alabama. Resurface years later as a Waffle House waitress.

Handsome Pete said...

Everything I know about Waffle House I learned from you.