Monday, November 3, 2008

When Doesn't It Snow Between Syracuse and Buffalo?

A two-plus hour drive through the snow.

Syracuse to Buffalo.

I guess it was a date.

Even with the time I spent in and around Buffalo between 1995 and 1997. Various trips from Syracuse. I never became familiar with the city.

So I was lost. Looking for the venue.

I couldn't tell you the name.

There were seats. Almost a concert hall. It was a concert hall.

We weren't there for the symphony.

My memories are of an empty venue.

It surely wasn't empty. Likely sold out. At the very least. Close to it.

People threw the obligatory flowers towards the stage.

The atmosphere was different than it had been in Philadelphia. Far less intense. A lack of people rushing the stage.

The whole night. Somewhat unmemorable.

Morrissey - Irish Blood, English Heart
. Princeton Record Exchange. Bargain rock.

No comments: