Saturday, November 15, 2008

Slipknot and Modern Life Is War aka The Only Things I Know About Music from Iowa

The plan was to go to New York. Me. Rich. Zac. Nick.

Rich would drive.

We wanted to get there before the snow.

Modern Life Is War came up in conversation.

Nick was of the opinion that because he went to shows in the nineties, he didn't need to see bands doing a rehash of the era.

From there the conversation moved back to sneakers, My Bloody Valentine and making fun of freaks.

We never did make it to New York. Only as far as Cherry Hill. Stopping at the mall for a few hours.

Snow had started by the time we made our way back to Philadelphia.

The snow was getting worse when I decided to go to New York anyway.

I risked my life driving to the Hamilton train station. I arrived in Manhattan around midnight. I took the subway to the West Village. And met up with some friends.

Waking up. The snow was gone. Lunch at White Castle in Jersey City. Then dropped off in Newark. I went home.

Modern Life Is War - My Love. My Way
. Very Distribution. New.

No comments: