Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Story of My Life

They were not at all what I had expected.

When I first picked up an album at the Newtown Book and Record Exchange I thought I was buying something a little more punk.

They were on Dischord. I expected Fugazi. I expected Embrace. I expected Minor Threat.

Instead, I got something completely different.

After a few years. I finally sold it. As much as I tried. I was never able to get into it.

This was as a seventeen or eighteen year old.

Fast forward ten years or so. My tastes have matured. I'm buying a lot of items I had dismissed in the past.

Lungfish an obvious target.

I feel like I missed out on it. My own fault.

Every album that doesn't "wow" me. Should be filed away for ten years. Reanalyzed.

Money saved.

Lungfish - Indivisible. AKA Music. Used.

No comments: