Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Solo Disappointment

With the exceptions of Ian Brown and Robbie Williams, I am almost always let down by solo endeavors.

The two biggest offenders. Without a doubt. Bernard Butler. Richard Ashcroft.

I had high hopes for their solo careers. These hopes were dashed on the first listen. Then with repeated listens.

Richard Ashcroft was given another chance to convince me with his follow-up.

After one listen, I was ready to weigh in with an opinion.

"Brian Wilson couldn't even save this record."

Thankfully I didn't buy the disc. It left with my relationship. Neither was missed.

Only one stayed away. It wasn't Richard Ashcroft.

Cathy made sure he found his way back into my life.

Here he is.

Richard Ashcroft - Human Conditions. Generation Records. Used.

No comments: