Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Store Was on South Street, But It Wasn't Zipperhead

I knew they were ex-Chain of Strength. I knew they wore suits. So I was told. That was everything.

I hadn't heard them. Until Kevin put them on a mix tape.

Inside Out. Burn. Statue.

The Statue songs are as incredible now. As they were then. Every listen takes me back.

I've argued it is the greatest Revelation release. That argument changes. Disengage. Bringin' It Down. Ignaurus. Save It.

Not Save It.

I bought the shirt.

Somewhere on South Street. I can picture the store. I can't place it. Three shirts. Statue. Shelter. Snapcase.

Since sold the shirt. The print was cracking. It was an extra large. I wish I still had it. All of them.

Statue - Filter the Infection
. On tape. Vinyl. Now compact disc. For Uriah.

6 comments:

Matt Wrote This said...

I think you're talking about the poor, gone Spaceboy Records. I bought some great noise rock there, including some of my Melvins catalog, and, on the flipside, most of my Tortoise cds that I didn't buy from aka.

Handsome Pete said...

It definitely wasn't Spaceboy. A lot of my money went there as well. All locations.

It was a store with the focus on t-shirts.

For some reason I think it was near French Connection.

colinmcsherry said...

I remember where ur talkin about they sold alot of punk/hardcore/metal. Alot of posters too. I think I got one of my fugazi posters there. It was 1 block west of tower on the other side of the street

Handsome Pete said...

I'm glad I didn't imagine the store.

And I'm pretty sure I had been there with you on occasion.

colinmcsherry said...

was it elite

Handsome Pete said...

I don't know where you pulled that from. Ha. But I'll take your word for it.